Simple Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy-free, Gluten-free)
Whip up a batch of this simple cranberry walnut chicken salad for an easy and healthy meal. Perfect for hot weather, lunches, and meal prep!
Homemade chicken salad is just so simple to prepare and so dang tasty. Creamy, crunchy, savory, and sweet. How can you go wrong? I don’t think you could mess this up if you tried. I mean, once you add mayo to diced chicken you’re basically done. Just throw in whatever else sounds good and you’ve got yourself a chicken salad.
Pro tip: keep a batch of this in the fridge for super quick and easy lunches! Eat it by the spoonful, spread it on some crackers, make a sandwhich, or just eat it over some greens.
Simple Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe notes:
– This is really easy to customize depending on what you have on hand. No apples? Use diced celery. No walnuts? Use any nut or seed as a sub.
– For Whole30, make sure your cranberries are sweetened with apple juice and your mayo is compliant (or make your own mayo here).
Simple Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries use cranberries sweetened with apple juice for whole30
- 1 small Granny Smith apple peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts diced
Mix together mayo, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Combine the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl.
Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and toss well until everything is evenly coated.
Best if chilled for at least an hour before serving.