Instant Pot Whole Roasted Chicken (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
This Instant Pot whole roasted chicken is simple and quick to prepare. The skin is flavorful while the meat falls off the bone. It is easy to make as part of your weekly meal prep!
Welcome to January! I might be a little late but when does the New Year stop being new?
So far, the year has brought on illness to both Matt and I. We both had flu-like symptoms for days. Neither of us actually got the flu though *knock on wood*. And Baby Theo is as healthy as a horse.
I guess our New Year can only go uphill from here.
We are also kick-starting our year with another round of Whole30. I was starting to get a little carried away with all the cookies. (Like these grain-free salted tahini chocolate chip cookies).
What better way to start off some Whole30 meal prep than an instant pot whole roasted chicken?
Just season your chicken, sear it breast side down, flip it, pour in some liquid, and let it cook for 25 minutes.
Dinner is done.
And lunch for tomorrow is done. And maybe even dinner for tomorrow too. Because leftover chicken is so versatile.
Serve it up with some roasted veggies, a simple salad, or a bowl of soup. Super simple, delicious, healthy, and you can use the carcass to make my Instant Pot Bone Broth!
Instant Pot Whole Roasted Chicken (Whole30, Keto, Paleo, GF)
A quick and easy way to prepare a tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken in the instant pot. This whole roasted chicken cooks in the Instant Pot for only 25 minutes.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 37g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 4lb chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- Turn the Instant Pot on to “sauté”
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Evenly rub both sides of the chicken with salt, lemon pepper, and olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breast side down for about 5 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over using 2 large spatulas (try not to break the skin) and sear for another 5 minutes.
- Add liquid to the bottom of the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to “manual” and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- Lock the lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Once the time is finished, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes then manually release any remaining pressure.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/