Instant Pot Hearty Beef Chili
It’s raining in San Diego today. Rain happens so rarely that I don’t even own a raincoat. Or rain boots. I just deal with it in a hoodie and tennis shoes.
It is a nice change of pace from the perfect beach day weather though.
Another nice thing about the rain is that it makes chili taste better. It’s a proven fact.
There is just something so comforting about warm chili on a cold day.
This chili is my no-fuss version (There is a more complicated version I am working on as well). Basically just throw everything into the instant pot, set it, and forget it. You could even skip the sautéing step if you want to be real lazy. The chili is a great base for your toppings. The toppings are what really take this dish over the top. Cool, creamy, spicy, melty, and cheesy. Add whatever you want on top!
Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoon bacon fat, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 lb grass-fed chuck roast, evenly cut into 4 large chunks
- 14 oz canned diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers, diced, in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Once hot, melt the cooking fat then add in the chuck roast. Brown each side for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir. Lock the lid.
- Cook on high for 45 minutes then let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure then open up the lid.
- Use metal tongs to pull the meat apart inside of the pot. Meat should fall apart easily.
If there is too much liquid left
- Set Instant Pot to saute and reduce the liquid for about 10 minutes until it thickens up.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/