Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low Carb)
This Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa is simple to make in about an hour and results in delicious, tender, shredded beef.
Here is a super quick and simple barbacoa recipe that is made in the Instant Pot. This is perfect for meal prep too! Just keep a big batch in the fridge and have protein ready to add to any meal.
- 2 tablespoon bacon fat, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 lb grass-fed chuck roast, evenly cut into 4 large chunks
- 14 oz canned diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers, diced, in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Once hot, melt the cooking fat then add in the chuck roast. Brown each side for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir. Lock the lid.
- Cook on high for 45 minutes then let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure then open up the lid.
- Use metal tongs to pull the meat apart inside of the pot. Meat should fall apart easily.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and reduce the liquid for about 10 minutes until it thickens up.