Homemade Avocado Oil Mayo
I make a batch of this at least once a week and use it as a base salad dressing or for chicken/salmon salads. If you haven’t noticed, avocado oil mayonnaise is expensive! I usually see it for about $7 a jar. The convenience is nice and all but I think I’d rather make it myself and save the cash. Costco sells huge bottles of avocado oil for $12.99. One bottle will make me 4 batches of mayonnaise. And it only takes about a minute to whip up.
I like to use this as a base for salad dressings or sauces. I’ll add herbs and lemon juice to make a dipping sauce or some balsamic vinegar for a salad dressing. The consistency is spot on, it’s quick to make, and there’s no junky ingredients in it.
Easy Quiche Lorraine
A simple and delicious brunch dish with ham, cheese, and a flaky crust.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat (coconut oil, grass-fed butter, avocado oil)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Unroll the pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan or pie pan. Use your fingers to push the dough into the edges of the pan and up the sides. Crimp the edges if needed. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, melt the cooking fat in a small skillet over medium heat then saute the onions and shallots for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- To assemble the quiche, layer the onions and shallots into the lightly browned pie crust then top with the ham and then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, salt, and pepper then pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/