Grain-Free Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, GF)
2017 was the Year of the Cookie for me. I tested these grain-free salted tahini chocolate chip cookies at least 27 times before getting them right. I made a batch of them at least once a day. It got to the point where if I didn’t make a test batch, Matt would come home disappointed there were no cookies that day. One batch has never lasted longer than 5 hours. I eat them all up like my life depends on it.
Needless to say, we are both a little cookie’d out. Once the new year rolls around, we are ditching the cookie diet and getting back on track.
But I am still a huge chocolate chip cookie fan. Like… Cookie Monster status. A good cookie should be slightly crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside. It should be full of soft pockets of melty chocolate.
This cookie is my absolute favorite.
A slight twist on the classic chocolate chip, these grain-free salted tahini chocolate chip cookies are soooooo good.
Here’s the thing, your cookies will only be as good as your ingredients. Makes sense right? So try to use the highest quality butter, eggs, and chocolate you can find. I usually use Kerry Gold butter, pastured eggs, and Guittard chocolate. It really does make a difference in the finished product.
Now onto the elephant in the room…
What the heck is it? It is basically a sesame paste. Like peanut butter but with sesame seeds. It’s not too hard to find in stores, I buy mine at Trader Joe’s for around 4 bucks. It gives these cookies a chewy texture and just a hint of nuttiness. It’s not overpowering at all. and pairs perfectly with the cinnamon and flaky sea salt. You’ll love it, trust me! You probably won’t even be able to tell that there is sesame in these grain-free salted tahini chocolate chip cookies.
And don’t forget the salt! You can’t leave out the flaky salt on top. If you are more of a savory person then these cookies will satisfy your needs. Salt, nutty, chocolatey and chewy. My favorite kinda cookie.
Grain-free salted tahini chocolate chip cookies recipe note:
- The dough can be made in advanced and refrigerated. If you use chilled dough, increase the cooking time to about 15 minutes.
Grain-Free Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 117g
Saturated Fat 52g
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 41g
Total Carbohydrates 150g
Dietary Fiber 9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and beat until fully mixed in. Mix in the tahini and maple syrup.
- Mix in the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda until everything is fulled incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough chill in the fridge for an hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out dough using a cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon and place them onto the parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Slightly Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges become golden brown.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/