Chicken Artichoke Skillet
Matt was having some company over last night and I wanted to have some food prepared. I knew these guests ate healthy but I didn’t know the parameters. I figured I would just make a squeaky clean meal. I had it in the oven by the time they arrived so it was easy to just pull out a whole meal in one pan. Plenty of time to chat and entertain without any mess, fuss, or prep.
Here is what I wanted:
- Looks fancy
- Uses one pan
- Free from Gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, legumes, and nightshades
And here is what you get! A hot sizzling skillet packed with flavor and full of chicken, artichokes, and a tangy cream sauce. It reminds me of a chicken piccata but instead of dredging the chicken in flour, you crisp the skin in the pan for texture and a, extra whallop of flavor.
- 1 4lb chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- Turn the Instant Pot on to “sauté”
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Evenly rub both sides of the chicken with salt, lemon pepper, and olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breast side down for about 5 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over using 2 large spatulas (try not to break the skin) and sear for another 5 minutes.
- Add liquid to the bottom of the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to “manual” and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- Lock the lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Once the time is finished, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes then manually release any remaining pressure.