Bacon Pot Roast
What’s better than a warm and tender pot roast? A pot roast with bacon.
A pot roast with bacon made in under an hour!
Have I told you about the instant pot? It’s the best. I’ve been on a bit of an Instant Pot kick lately. Hope you don’t mind!
The addition of bacon actually began because the chuck roast I bought was a little small. It threw my veggie to meat ratio out of wack. I just wanted to add some more protein to the meal and bacon was what I had on hand. I’m glad I did because I will never go back to baconless pot roast again!
Grass-Fed Beef Shepherds Pie (Paleo, Gluten-free)
Grass-fed beef shepherds pie is a warm and cozy dish to make for your family's dinner. Beef and vegetables are topped with simple mashed potatoes and baked in the oven for a comforting meal that everyone can enjoy.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 37g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat (coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°f
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes: Place the steamer insert into the Insant Pot. Place potatoes on top of steamer insert an pour in 1 cup of water. Steam on high for 10 minutes. Use a quick release when finished.
- Pour out the water and remove the steamer insert. Add the coconut milk, butter, and salt. Mash until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the cooking fat then sauté the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and brown until no longer pink. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon until it is evenly crumbled.
- Add the carrots, frozen peas and green beans and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish, layer the ground beef mixture into an even layer at the bottom. Add dollops of the mashed potatoes on top and smooth out the top with a spatula. Use a fork to create lines on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes then broil on high for 3-5 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.
- To make mashed potatoes without an Instant Pot: Boil quartered potatoes until tender. Mix with coconut milk, butter, and salt. Mash until smooth.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/