Bacon Asparagus with Garlic Dill Aioli (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
Fresh asparagus is pan fried in bacon fat and topped with a creamy and delicious dill garlic aioli. This bacon asparagus with dill garlic aioli is an easy and flavorful side dish perfect for Whole30, paleo, or keto diets.
Asparagus + Bacon = heart emoji.
It is just such a perfect pairing. Have you ever had bacon wrapped asparagus? It is fantastic! Have you ever tried to make it yourself? It is actually pretty time consuming to individually wrap each piece of asparagus. This asparagus and bacon with dill garlic aioli is an easier and quicker alternative!
Simply fry up some bacon, then pan fry the asparagus in the bacon fat until perfectly tender. Top with the crispy bacon and drizzle on the creamy dill garlic aioli for a delicious side dish. The aioli can be made in under a minute with an immersion blender. It uses my One-minute avocado oil mayo as the base but you could use any mayo you have on hand. This asparagus and bacon with dill garlic aioli would pair perfectly with a medium-rare steak or some roasted chicken (like my Instant Pot Whole Roasted Chicken). It is also great just on its own!
Bacon Asparagus with Dill Garlic Aioli
Fresh asparagus is pan fried in bacon fat and topped with a creamy and delicious dill garlic aioli. This is an easy and flavorful side dish perfect for Whole30, paleo, or keto diets.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 55g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 26g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 32g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1.5 lb asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, fry the diced bacon for about 5 minutes until the bacon is very crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan. Drain off some of the bacon fat until about 2 tablespoons are left in the pan.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, moving the asparagus spears around so they evenly cook.
- Cover the skillet for another 5 minutes and cook until the asparagus is tender.
- Top the cooked asparagus with the crispy bacon then drizzle on the dill garlic aioli.
- For the dill garlic aioli: add the mayo, dill, garlic, and lemon juice to a tall mason jar. Use an immersion blender to mix everything together for about 10 seconds.
Growing Up Grass-Fed https://growingupgrassfed.com/