30 Minute Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
The easiest chili I've ever made! Wholesome ingredients, no fuss, no mess and everything comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat avocado oil, ghee, leftover bacon fat, etc
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 16 oz can of pinto beans unsalted, drained of liquid
- Salt to taste
In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the cooking fat. Add the diced onions and a pinch of salt and sauté until tender.
Add the ground turkey to the pot and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Allow the turkey to brown, stirring occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir everything to combine.
Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium low. Allow the chili to simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat and allow the chili to cook for about 15 minutes before serving.